Will you donate "A Day for Danger"?

Lesly Danger is a 25 year old Haitian. He was attending college when the earthquake occurred. His school was destroyed and ten members of the teaching faculty were killed in the earthquake.

I (Brooke Frost) met Lesly when I traveled to Haiti in March 2010 with Healing Hands for Haiti, a rehabilitation organization that has been in the country for 12 years. Lesly works as an interpreter for Healing Hands for Haiti.

After returning home from Haiti, how to help Haiti weighed heavy on my mind and as a result, my husband and I have offered Lesly a place to live, food to eat and a family to love him while he attends college in America.

However, help is needed to raise money for his tuition, which calculates to $25 per day.

Will you donate "A Day for Danger"?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some Very Exciting News!

Sandy is a friend of mine who has traveled to Haiti several times with Healing Hands for Haiti.  She is a Social Worker who cares deeply for people here at home and for our Haitian friends!

She has been attempting to sponsor a young man by the name of Mackenton (who is a close friend of Lesly's).  Mack works full time for Healing Hands performing translation.  Due to his height, everyone calls him Big Mack!


Me and Mack the last night I was in Haiti - March 22, 2010

Just like Lesly, Mack has been denied twice for a visa.  He has been convinced that if he takes his sponsor with him to his visa interview, he would be granted a visa.

The HHH team is currently in Haiti and everything was set up before hand for Sandy to go with Mack to his visa appointment.  The appointment was today and
MACK WAS GRANTED A VISA!!!!!

I am so exicted about this news!  This gives us so much hope that Lesly can be granted a visa as well, but a quick trip to Haiti might be in my future....

2 comments:

  1. That would be so awesome! I hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news!!! I will keep you both in my prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete